AOE Accumulated Ocean Energy Inc. (AOE) is an early stage alternative energy company with a proven concept to utilize the energy of ocean waves to compress air for use in multiple industries. By compressing air using a concept as simple as a bicycle pump and transferring it to shore, it eliminates the need to convert energy into electricity at sea, a major technical barrier faced by most wave energy concepts.
Target markets for AOE’s patented systems include:
1. Water Desalination – as climate change impacts the earth, weather patterns and rainfall have changed considerably in recent years. Lakes and rivers are running dry while other areas with traditionally limited rainfall are experiencing floods. Water desalination represents the largest immediate opportunity for the commercialization of AOE’s patented technology.
2. Ocean Thermal Energy – by utilizing the difference in ocean temperature from the deep sea to the surface, AOE can generate a significant amount of compressed air for use in the production of energy. This can then be used on shore to support power generation in remote locations and eliminate the use of diesel generators.
3. Seawater Oxygenation Systems – The dissolved oxygen levels of our oceans have been declining in many area’s of the world. The natural ocean currents move hypoxic water into local marine environments which cause devasting results to local marine life. This also affects aquaculture operations which may result in large seafood mortality.
The AOE oxygenation system is designed to use ocean wave energy to provide oxygenated seawater for aquaculture operations and to provide oxygenated seawater to the ocean floor to help mother nature compost decaying matter into rich ocean floor soil to enhance marine life growth.
4. Carbon Dioxide Sequestration – As carbon dioxide becomes a major factor of climate change and carbon tax will be administered, AOE can provide pneumatic solutions to carbon dioxide sequestration in a wide variety of engineering devices to extract carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and compress and liquify for transportation to the oil and gas industry and for underground storage.
5. Electrical Power Generation – ocean wave energy can be converted into electrical power for coastal communities.
6. Air Powered Automobiles – AOE has developed a means to convert ocean wave energy into high pressure compressed air for the use in air cars and trucks.
Simpler – By utilizing a concept as basic as a bicycle pump, AOE is able to compress air at sea and pipe it to shore where the technology for storage and power generation is well established.
Cleaner – There is no danger of spillage, contamination or pollution with the AOE system. It does not impact in marine life and in fact, enhances the development of fish colonies around it’s compressed air buoy system.
Cheaper – Generating power or electricity in the ocean and transferring it to shore by using sub-sea cabling is a hugely expensive and complex endeavor which presents both engineering and environmental challenges.
Storable – The technology to store compressed air is well established and can be held indefinitely until needed. Transporting a tanker truck of compressed air is cheap and efficient as the contents of the tank weigh virtually nothing. A tanker truck of compressed air has the equivalent energy potential as a tanker truck of gasoline.
Versatile – Compressed air can be used for water desalination, providing a source of energy for power generation and can be used for rejuvenating ocean dead zones. In addition, compressed air provides a natural refrigerant which can be used for cooling or freezing.